The Face of Hunger in American Has Changed!
To do their part, Bruegger’s Bagels kicked off a month-long campaign on September 4 to support Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign, joining thousands of restaurants in a fight to end childhood hunger by 2015.
How You Can Help
- Simply “Like” Bruegger’s on Facebook and the bagel leader will donate $1 to Dine Out for No Kid Hungry. Encourage your readers to do the same. For every new “Like” your readers will know they have provided up to 10 kids with a healthy meal.
- In Brugger’s bakeries, guests can purchase coupon books for $3, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the cause. Each $3 purchase helps provide a child with up to 30 nutritious meals, and guests can use the coupons, worth more than $20 in approximate value, including free bagels, soups or sandwiches (some with purchase) for the next few months.
- Place a button on your blog or website and link to http://www.facebook.com/Brueggers.
- Spread the word via Twitter and Facebook!!!
Brugger’s says, “We need your help to end childhood hunger, so we’ve instituted a fun contest to drive coupon book sales, call Tweet for Meals.” Bruegger’s hope is to quadruple its donation from $25,000 in 2011 to $100,000 in 2012, to help No Kid Hungry raise awareness, support school breakfast, summer and after-school meal programs, and educate kids and their families on how to cook healthy, inexpensive meals. The campaign ends Sept. 22.
Here’s how Tweet for Meals works:
- Follow @brueggers yourself and ask your readers to follow Bruegger’s on Twitter.
- Ask you fans to send a tweet to both you and @bruegger’s when they purchase a $3 coupon book at Bruegger’s with 100% of the proceeds going to Dine Out for No Kid Hungry. Tweet could read:
@your twitter name @brueggers I just helped feed 30 children by buying a coupon book #nokidhungy
- The blogger with the most Tweets will win $100 in Bruegger’s Gift Cards and Bruegger’s will also select random tweets from your readers to win $10 in Gift Card.