I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday by far. I love to decorate the table, create unique invitations, make chair covers and I even decorate my turkey. I will share how soon. I am doing some recipe creation this week and my farmers market had some beautiful blueberries…naturally I wanted to make something amazing with them. This is the result…my Thanksgiving Bounty Blueberry Tart…
Thanksgiving Bounty Blueberry Tart Recipe
Your favorite pie crust (you can use pre-made if in a hurry)
3-4 quarts fresh blueberries or enough to fill your tart pan (6 containers from grocery)
sugar to taste
leaf cookie cutter
- Flour your surface. I use lots of flour.
- Roll your pie crust into a round about 1-1/2″ larger than your tart pan. It needs to go up the sides of your dish, so make sure you have enough to reach the top. Carefully place in tart dish and dimple the crust by pressing the dough between your index fingers as below. prick the bottom with the times of a fork in several places…this keeps the crust from puckering during baking.
- Roll some more tart crust out to about 1/8′ thickness. Cut leaf shapes with your cookie cutter.
- My cookie cutter actually has the veins so they look so real.
- Fill the crust with your washed and dried blueberries. Top with the leaves.
- Sprinkle sugar over the entire surface in whatever amount you think works…I use about 1/4 Cup. Drop butter on the leaves.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 325 degrees. If the leaves start to get too brown cover with foil. Enjoy!!!
I also make tiny tarts for the children…it makes them feel very special to have their own dessert!!!