Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta: This healthy, light version of bruschetta features local shrimp and fresh produce. This starts the meal out just right!! A larger portion can be a meal in itself…
Each of the following recipes is great alone; but when combined they are extra special.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Marinade: Stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Pour over shrimp until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes minimum, stirring once or twice. (HINT: You can do this early morning of party.)
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Discard the marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Ingredients (serves 10-12)
- 1 loaf Italian bread (sliced into ½” slices)
- 1 clove garlic (cut in half lengthwise)
- 4 plum tomatoes (rinsed, sliced thinly and chopped)
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet onion
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- fresh basil (ribbon-cut/thinly sliced), to taste
- Preheat grill. Spray or brush both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil, then rub each side with cut side of garlic.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grill bread on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Mix in basil to tomato mixture as you grill bread.
- Top each slice with a generous tablespoon of tomato mixture and grilled shrimp.
My secret: You can do this all in a George Forman Grill inside too!!! I do this all winter long!!!