I am writing to dream today. To dream about the world if God’s will were done on earth as it is in heaven. This post is the third in a weeklong writing retreat I am doing called, Writing for the Soul at Days of Deepening Friendship. Here is the challenge and prompts. My answers and in blue:
Describe what your neighborhood/city/county would look like if God’s will were done on earth as it is in heaven.
- When earth becomes like heaven, people will value love more than money.
- When earth becomes like heaven, I will stop worrying and instead trust.
- When earth becomes like heaven, this is what my neighborhood streets will look like…The streets would the same, the houses the same and the people in them would be happy and fulfilled. They would want for nothing, because they would have everything they need.
- When earth becomes like heaven, children will spend more time doing playful things than texting.
- When earth becomes more like heaven, conflict between people will be handled like this… Conflict will be talked about over a cup of tea. Both parties will come from a place of love, not a place of, “I MIST be declared right!” Each will listen to the other and place themselves in the others’ shoes. A handshake and a hug will be the result.
- When earth becomes more like heaven, this is how decisions will be made in our community… Everyone who desires to speak will be given a chance to add to the conversation. Everyone will listen thoughtfully. A vote will be taken once everyone has had the opportunity to share. The majority will rule.
- When earth becomes more like heaven, we’ll have much more peaceful harmony and much less chaos and noise.
Peaceful harmony is the dream I see most clearly. Even if you don’t get your way this time, you will in the next decision. The will be a give and take predisposed by love of each other. Coming from a place of love is the path of harmony. To love each other as we love God!