I thought I would do a little crafting tutorial as my DIY Christmas Decor Vignette #15. I designed these Elegantly Sumptuous Luxe 4 Less Photo Jewelry Christmas Ornaments quickly and easily with an EZ Photo Resizer kit from Photo Jewelry Making.com.
I made these with my artwork inside. I am placing these on my little twig tree and when someone comes to visit, I will allow them to pick one off the tree to keep!
Photo Christmas Ornament Tutorial
Photo jewelry and ornaments are a fun and easy craft that anyone can do! PJM sells blank photo pendants, photo charms and other cool and unique photo products. All of the items have a blank place to insert a photo. They sell DIY kits like the one I used.
Making your digital photos just the right size for photo jewelry used to take hours of guesswork and printing, wasting sheets of photo paper! With this new EZ resizer software, all you do is select your photo, select the predefined size that goes with your product, and print! You can print ovals, circles, squares, and more! It is is pretty easy to load on your computer and work with. It installs within a few minutes with a few keystrokes. This is the package I received with enough frames and hangers to create 6 ornaments. Here is a step-by-step with photos…
- You insert the EZ Photo Resizer CD and follow the prompts to install. It just takes a few minutes.
- Next you open the program and it looks like this:
- I used the square ornaments, so I chose square. I selected my paper size at the bottom left. Then I selected Add and Crop Image and selected an image from my computer. It opened like this:
- Then I cropped the image using the crop tool. It was a click and drag operation. When it was the right shape, I hit the Crop Selected Area and added the image to the program button.
- Then I clicked Finish-Create File for Printing. A PDF file opened ready to print my image at the correct size. I printed two of them so it would show on each side.
- It is recommended to use standard weight printer paper so the images will fit into the frames. These items have a plastic sleeve that covers the photo. Then I inserted them into the tiny plastic sleeve that slips easily into the frame. It also protects my artwork. Great!!!
- Here are two ornaments in my hand so you can judge the size. They would make an awesome necklace to bracelet!!
- Next I attached the spiral ornament hook. Here is what the finished ornament looks like.
Here are my ornaments on the tree. They turned out beautifully and added so much to my little twig tree. My visitors have loved the idea of a tiny piece of my art to take home and make a necklace to wear. I will be purchasing several more kits!!! I think I will keep this tree up year round and gift each person who enters my home!!!
See PJM’s selection of EZ- change photo jewelry!