I don’t watch a lot of television…I am too busy blogging! However, there are a few shows I make time for…Designing Spaces, Project Runway, HGTV’s Design Star, most Food Network shows and my early morning coffee/tea time fave:
I have watched TBA after my morning walk for a few years now. What I love the most about The Balancing Act is, if I want to watch a segment again, all of them can be found on their website under Show Themes. The show airs Monday through Friday 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM (ET/PT).
The Balancing Act TV Show on Lifetime Television is America’s early morning show about women, for women and trusted by women. Celebrating life and all there is to accomplish, The Balancing Act inspires and empowers with entertaining and educational segments, placing women in the best position to achieve balance and success in every area of their lives. Make sure you check out TheBalancingAct.com not only to get a new sense of balance, but to also learn about new and exciting show promotions. The Balancing Act’s hosts are Beth Troutman, Kristy Villa and Danielle Knox. The show is produced by O2 Media and filmed in southern Florida!
It has changed format over the years and now has a daily theme – My Life Monday, My Family Tuesday, My Empowerment Wednesday (I never miss), My Home Thursday and My Weekend Friday. That pretty much covers all the bases in a busy woman’s life.
The Balancing Act also has a bevy of bloggers…oh to be one of them (HINT HINT)…who write for their blog. It is a nice addition to the show but, of course, I would like to see more about the creative lifestyle!
Sorry, I got a little carried away telling you ALL about TBA and just remembered I wanted to share the super Halloween craft idea I found on the show using Bic Mark•It Permanent Markers. Crafts expert, Terri-O, shares the project with Danielle. I would love to see more craft and creative living projects on the show!!
Cute Pumpkin BOO Centerpiece
This was a quick and fun project for a fall Sunday afternoon. I am sure the kids would have fun helping you do this. The complete how-to for this project and many others can be found on the Bic Mark It website. I found the markers at Walmart and the rest of my supplies at Dollar Tree. I love doing dollar store crafting!!!
BIC Mark-It® Permanent Markers in assorted colors
White acrylic paint
3 mini pumpkins
3 glass votive holders
3 votive candles
Black seed beads or glitter
Elmer’s White Glue
Foam Pumpkins (you can use real pumpkins if you like)
What I did:
- Trace around the votive holder on pumpkin.
- Using a sharp knife, hollow out each pumpkin. Make sure the opening is large enough to hold the glass votive holder.
- Using a black BIC Mark-It® Permanent Marker spell out BOO across the three pumpkins. I squiggled outlines of each letter first.
- Then fill in the letters with the marker. The kids will love to do this part.
- Add glue along the rim of each opening and let glue drip down the sides of the pumpkins.
- Sprinkle the black seed beads or glitter over the glue and let dry.
- Using your white paint, draw ghosts on each of the glass votive holders.
- With the BIC Mark-It® Permanent Markers decorate the rest of the votive holders with bats, spider webs/spiders, pumpkins and any Halloween goblins you wish.
- Add glue to the rim of the votive holders and dip in the black seed beads glitter and let dry.
Once votive holders and pumpkins are dry, insert into pumpkins and add candles.
I am using the crafty pumpkins as a centerpiece for my dining table. I will share the other crafts on my table throughout the next few months….so come back often.
Here is my This Moment story about shopping for the Bic Markers.
The Balancing Act also has a great online magazine called “Balance Your Life.”. Check it out for great ideas.