My sweet grandddaughter is 1 year old tomorrow!!! I love that sweet baby girl! I am on my way to the party. I, of course, had to make her something special for her 1st birthday celebration…here it is:
I designed the fabric, the hat pattern and an outfit to match!!! I will share how and I will give you the pattern to make your own birthday hat for a special girl or boy!!!
- I created the hat pattern in Adobe Illustrator.
- I designed the fabric in PhotoShop to coordinate with the party decorations!!!
- Then I printed it on Leslie Riley’s TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) from C&T Publishing...the neatest thing since sliced bread!!! You must print a mirror image if you have text on the design.
- Then I cut it out just inside the outer line. I also did some extra design elements on the same sheet to put on her shirt and jeans.
- I cut a piece of white felt, lining and interfacing from the pattern. Make sure that you have them going the right direction before cutting.
- Next I ironed the TAP onto felt..it worked but I would not do that again. I would put it on smoother fabric!!! I then sewed the felt to the lining along the side/straight edges. I sewed the ribbons to the inside of the hat after I glued it…do that before you glue!!!
- I hot glued the flap to the back of the hat. Then I hot glued a pink boa along the bottom edge and at the top of the hat point. #@*@#&^…yes I burnt my fingers!!! But is was oh so worth the pain!!! ;}}
- I then ironed the TAP butterfly and name to her back jean pockets. She now has her own designer jeans!!!
- I also ironed a design on a white shirt.
Did I tell you how much I love this little girl? And I love TAP…It feel great on the fabric and all the white areas disappear!!! I also designed an apron for my TV show with TAP!!! I just love that stuff!!! TAP should come with a warning though…it is highly addictive!!!